December 3, 2009

2010: Year of the Documentary

OK, I suck at blogging, I know. Saturday would have marked a month without a single post. Well...at least I didn't get that far.

Annnnyway, so the end of 2009 has had me thinking a lot about all that progressed this year and what 2010 will bring. I'm pretty sure I made a bunch of New Years' resolutions at the beginning of 2009, and I'm pretty sure I failed miserably to uphold a majority of them. Thankfully, I can't remember what many of them were.

But hey! A new year is coming and that means a chance to start fresh--or, well...it provides a nice rounded point on the calendar where you can say, "Man, I fucked up a lot these last 365 days, but let me put all that shit behind me and plan for the next 365 days!" It's kind of like your elementary school days (or at least mine) when you would get super excited about the new school year because you get new awesome school supplies like 64-count boxes of Crayola crayons (WITH A PENCIL SHARPENER BUILT IN!)--only to realize school still sucks and even a sweet box of crayons doesn't make it fun...or something.

Either way, it's a pretty silly concept on the surface, but there's still something therapeutic about having a kind of hypothetical "reset" button.

So, I've put a lot of thought into what I want to accomplish and focus on in 2010, and I've decided to deem 2010 "The Year of the Documentary". I will thus dedicate 2010 to making the feature documentary I've been developing over the latter part of this year. This means sacrificing a lot of my pride and standards (such as my hatred for office life and the words "paying my dues"). Not easy for me by any stretch. But I'm very passionate about this project, and I need to make some hard changes to my current habits to facilitate the creation of the documentary and my production company. No more sitting on my ass steaming about the state of my student loans and complaining about finances, women or work.

2009 was a transition year. 2010 will be the most productive year of my life. How's that for a New Years' resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment