January 14, 2010

Some recent thoughts

In no particular order:
  • I wish I was really fucking good at pool
  • My stubbornness is truly a gift and a curse--and that's apparent now more than ever
  • It's amazing how much my life has been affected for the better by someone close to me once telling me that I wasn't challenging enough
  • I really want to write a Spider Man script
  • I wish Terry Gilliam would get his due
  • I'm completely fascinated with the theory of Morphic Resonance (which I found out about from a comic book)
  • If I could freely volunteer to be sent to Haiti to help I would go in a heartbeat
  • I hate that it takes these catastrophic events for countries around the world to band together in a common effort to save and preserve lives, regardless of differences...
  • ...but it gives me hope that so many have so quickly responded to this horrible event--if only that kind of resolve would stick when nature is at peace
  • I'm reallllly looking forward to having a place of my own (soon I hope)
  • I'm so confused about what I should be feeling in regard to some of the closest friendships
  • My hair needs to grow faster
  • I wish the world in Avatar was real just so I could fly on a fucking dragon
  • Physical therapy just feels like I'm making my injury more obvious (and more painful)
  • I'm finding that money is best spent on things that are immediately gratifying rather than personal possessions
  • I feel like my heart is expiring; it's hard to believe I've gone this long without feeling anything. All these years of building walls is making them harder and harder to tear down. I even wonder if there's anything behind them anymore...or maybe I've just forgotten. Either way, I wish all the strength in the world to the girl who tries to bring them down a find out. She'll probably need it.
  • I really want to date a hipster chick just once to see how ridiculous it is. (and so I can go to Dan Deacon concerts and not feel like I just walked into a cult ritual)
If you're wondering, my mind is usually this random.

(*I realize I've been writing about myself a lot lately, which is something I kind of hate doing a lot. Hopefully it's just a passing phase. Don't worry, after this I'll stop being narcissistic for a while. Thank god.)

1 comment:

  1. Alcohol usually negates that Dan Deacon cult feeling. I say this from my personal experience.

    ReplyDelete