September 8, 2009

The Last Seven Days

I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open, but if I don't update now I probably won't remember or have a real chance to for a while.

Long week. Weird week. I had to deal with a lot of somewhat stressful issues, in addition to work and helping my roommate move apartments. Currently I'm living on a couch at a friend's apartment, with just a suitcase, a pillow and my computer (basically). I haven't been running because of my leg, but I feel completely and utterly physically drained. I'm attempting to integrate regular online poker play into my daily routine, but it has proved to be difficult the past couple of days with all of my other activities (not to mention I'm still temping regularly).

All of these things have put my mind in a really strange place. I'm both excited and skeptical about my prospects for the near future, and this mental clash has never been more apparent and intense til now. This is certainly not where I want to be right now--it's definitely a road in the right direction, but I'm not completely comfortable in this situation. Sorry I'm being really vague, but this "situation" is kind of all-encompassing of my life and it's really hard for me to break it down into individual aspects.

Regardless, I'm hopeful that this unease is just an initial reaction to a very sudden change which I've had very little time to react to. I moved last Tuesday, worked on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, settled into the new digs on Saturday before going through the weekend motions (going out, friends, drinks, etc.) Saturday night and most of Sunday and Monday. The last seven days have been an absolute whirlwind, and I realize now I've had almost no time to get my bearings.

I'm taking the work day off tomorrow to recharge. I hate doing this, but it's gotten to the point where I've had almost no time to just sit down and refocus--I usually use the weekends for this purpose, but as I mentioned before this past week has not even left me those precious days. Thus, tomorrow I'm taking a self-proclaimed "Nate" day to get shit straight and try and slow things down a little bit. Hopefully after that I can start posting more interesting shit on here (as opposed to a bunch of boring rants about my current situation). So bear with me for just a little while more, there's more to come!

(P.S. Mos and Kweli at the HoB tomorrow night! Should be sick..can't wait)

No comments:

Post a Comment